Sunday 22 May 2011

Another day in the life of an Egyptian Wife abroad

Some people back home may think we've got it easy, living in Europe might be a cushy life, all about modern technology and elite society, how wrong and far from the truth are they!
The real world here is very tough even if you earn well, you work hard, no 'Bokra" or "Ma3lish", no getting your way by tipping people.....it's all do it yourself or it won't be done, this is how the west became advanced and moved on, left us a good 50 years behind.......

I miss my country so much, all the support and home comforts that no money can ever buy, but seriously dread the trip I plan to go weeks in advance, from worrying about how I'm going to get out of the airport, to how much money will I need just to spend a week in Cairo or Alexandria (where I was born and brought up)....
I'll never forget my first week after I moved to London, excitedly I rushed to do my weekly shop @ the local supermarket, I only had my six year old son then, I got carried away filling the shopping trolly with all sorts of ready made food, microwaveable things that I could never get back home, little did I calculate who was going to carry all this shopping back home, when then I didn't drive....I had to walk a quarter of a mile with over 10 bags of shopping..by the time I got home I was literally in tears, almost deciding to quit life abroad....did I????? to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment